FAQ – Personal Clients

Not sure what to bring?

Print your personal tax checklist here

Download CRA Authorization Form here

Download Current Client Tax Form here         Download New Client Tax Form here

You can change it either online using the My Account service on the CRA’s website or you can call 1 – 800 – 959 – 8281

If you choose to call, please have the following information on hand:

  • Your name or business name;
  • For individual accounts, your date of birth;
  • Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Business Number (BN);
  • Your complete address or complete business address;
  • Details from your account or your most recently assessed return, Notice of Assessment/ Reassessment;

A monthly tax—free payment that helps families with the cost of raising a  child under the age of 18. This is based on the family income, number of children as well as their ages.

The deadline is the last 60 days after December 31st.

If you lost a slip for the current taxation year, you can ask the issuer of the slip for a copy. We can also view and download your tax information including many slips, if you have authorized us to do so by signing the Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative form (T1013 ).

There are a several options for paying:

  • Online Banking — You can add the Canada Revenue Agency as a payee the same way you would pay other online bills. Be sure to include your Social Insurance Number (SIN) along with the payment.
  • My Payment — Paying with Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interact Online
  • In Person — This can be done at a financial institution or a Canada Post outlet. If you chose this option, you require a remittance voucher from the Canada Revenue Agency. Our firm will supply one to you if you have a balance owing or you can order one online or by phone.
  • Cheque — Please make the cheque payable to Receiver General and mail it to the address found on the back of your remittance voucher. If you do not have one, please write your Social Insurance Number (SIN), Business Number or the Non– Resident Tax Withholding account number on the memo line on the front of the cheque.

For more options, please follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/make-a-payment-canada-revenue-agency.html


Once we electronically file your personal income tax return, it will take approximately two to three weeks for Canada Revenue Agency to process it, depending on their volume and service standards.

Please note that it may take longer if the Canada Revenue Agency selects your return for a more detailed review.

Canada Revenue Agency charges a prescribed rate set quarterly on your balance owing, plus an additional 1% for every full month that your personal income tax return is not filed (maximum 12 months).

For more information, please follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/interest-penalties.html


Of course, we will require the appropriate documentation for the previous years you need.

All documents needed to file your personal income tax return can be found on our printable checklist here : *link to checklist*

It is recommended that you do if you are 19 or older in the current taxation year and/or the Canada Revenue Agency requests that you do so.

April 30th for those who are not self employed.

June 15th for those who are self—employed (partners included).

The Canada Revenue Agency recommends that you keep your records for a minimum of seven years, regardless if you have no supporting documentation (receipts, T4s etc.) or are filing electronically.

Load More

Comments are closed.